Sunday, August 11, 2019

#clearthelist part 2

      So, if you have found this blog by accident, then you should read the first post about the #clearthelist movement.  I have had more thoughts on this topic that just haven't gone away, so I am writing about it again.
      As I thought about posting my list, I thought, "I really can afford all to buy most of this. Maybe not right at this minute but overtime, I can get it all." But, I posted my list any way as so many others had.  My son, peering over my shoulder, wondered aloud the same thought I had. Would anyone actually buy me a package of dry erase markers?  And, if they did, would I feel guilty about asking my social media (and real) friends for help?  The answer to both is yes!
      My circle came through in a big way. Over the last week, it has felt a little like Christmas around here.  My daughter sent me a text each day, begging to open the four or five boxes the amazing UPS man dropped off at our house.  I honestly couldn't believe it.  People I have known most of my life, former students, other teachers all took the time and money to help clear my list.  I realized in that moment there is still good in this world, and people still believe in the work we do for children.  That's all it took to renew me, a new set of Sharpie pens, some amazing books for my library, and a few office supplies.  I am beyond blessed.  I have taken the opportunity I was given and chose to bless others.  The amount I was planning on spending on my back to school supplies, I am using to buy for other teachers.  I know how important it is to support those who are in the trenches along with me.
      If you have a teacher friend who doesn't have a list, trust me on this, send him or her some new pens, cool paper clips, or even a favorite book with a note telling how much you appreciate what's being done for students.  I promise you will impact not only a teacher but a classroom as well.

     
     
 


   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

#clearthelist part 2

      So, if you have found this blog by accident, then you should read the first post about the #clearthelist movement.  I have had more th...